Villa Masi

Pisa to visit - Pisa palaces and villas

Villa Masi
Capannoli

Description

This is the former Villa Berzighelli with attached chapel of the Annunciation (1714) designed by the architect Felix Palma.
Note the Roman sarcophagus on the porch of the courtyard and the fifteenth-century marble bas-relief on the front of the chapel.
Inside are statues of terracotta attributed to Blind Gambassi and a copy of a Greek statue that dell'Arrotino, whose original is exhibited at the Uffizi.