Montopoli In Val D'arno - TOWN OF PISATEL 0571-449811 FAX 0571-466327
ADDRESS Via Guicciardini, 61-56020
HOW TO GET THERE:
AUTO:Pisa-Florence, exit at Montopoli Val d'Arno.
BUS:Pontedera CPT-town destination, and even extra-CPT, in San Miniato.
TRAIN:Pisa-Florence, get off at San Romano - Montopoli - Holy Cross, and CPT-town towards San Miniato.
Center located on a hill overlooking the plain towards the south of the Arno, between the courses of the Era and Egola, fortified and provided with a castle around the year one thousand, was under the jurisdiction of the bishops of Lucca.
The fortress was destroyed in 1944, while the ancient castle there is an ancient tower.
The church of St. Stephen incorporates remains of the original construction of the twelfth century and has some fourteenth-century paintings.
The country is on a road that was an important branch of the Via Pisana or one of the many paths to the nearby Francigena.
|< Prev||Next >|