It was formerly called the Church of St. Viviana Suarta in the name of the old neighborhood where the church stood, and in memory of that time was located on Bibbiana today. In 1334 the church was built on the will of the Dominican scholar Dominic rides together with the annexed convent of Dominican nuns who remained there until 1789. The church has undergone profound changes in the middle of the eighteenth century, especially regarding the shape and orientation. The interior has a nave and baroque style, is considered one of the richest and most pleasant among the churches of Pisa. On the main altar is a large painted crucifix, due to the School of Pisa in 1200.