Church of San Donnino

Pisa to visit

Church of San Donnino

Via dei Cappuccini
Pisa

It is located in San Giusto

Founded in 1240 by Cistercian monks, later went to the Capuchins. After the bombing it was rebuilt the interior with three chapels on each side. Note the wooden cross on the left, attributed to the school of Giovanni Pisano's '200, according to legend the oldest because it spoke to Bernard of Clairvaux, who lived a century earlier.