The station was built in 1909 with the creation of 16 iron towers 75 meters high. Hence the great physicist Guglielmo Marconi transmitted the first telegraphic message to Eritrea. The news shocked the world and Marconi, 24 November 1911 Coltano always, he spoke for the first time in New York with the message "Best wishes from Italy to America with the wireless telegraph."
Unfortunately, the gigantic towers were blown up by the Nazis and the great building was turned into ruins. Alongside this project is the restructuring of the Rai Centre located a few meters from the famous Marconi building. The project goal is to turn the radio signal from Colt and make it a center of study in applied research in telecommunications.
The sponsor may be the Marconi Communications already active in Pisa and the Scuola S. Anna and CNR.
|< Prev||Next >|