The arcades of Borgo Stretto opens the churchyard of the Church of San Michele in Borgo. Built between the tenth and eleventh centuries, apparently on an existing temple dedicated to Mars has, like other religious buildings in Pisa, the transition from architectural style to the Gothic-Romanesque Pisan.
The façade that opens with an order of the top three portals continues with a Gothic tabernacle, several orders of arches and rose windows.
The interior has three naves divided by columns of considerable proportions and pillars, has several works. The church was rebuilt after the bombings in 1944 that spared the facade and apse.