Church of the Madonna dei Galletti

Lungarno Pacinotti
Pisa

Reopened in April 2001 after three years of restoration.

The church was known in medieval times as the Church of San Salvatore in Golden Gate, has disappeared. The present name dates back to 1640, when the painting was placed on the altar of the Madonna and Child, by the Sienese Taddeo di Bartolo, from the family home Galletti.

The church already existed in the thirteenth century but was rebuilt in Baroque style with 700 luxurious wooden ceiling, the work of Del Norcia, while the fa├žade is the work of Ignazio Pellegrini.

The interior has a nave with a small chapel on each side, presents delicious marbles and five sacred paintings.

This post is also available in: Italian French German Spanish Dutch Chinese (Simplified)